Toronto, CANADA; March 13, 2020 – In light of growing public health concerns sparked by COVID-19, the Blockchain Research Institute (BRI), the world’s largest independent blockchain think tank, today announced a number of new initiatives to further strengthen its digital offering for its members and the general public.
In addition to its existing digital services, the Blockchain Research Institute is announcing the following virtual deliverables to its suite of services:
- The “Leadership Webinar Series,” a month of weekly webinars beginning in April, hosted by co-founder Alex Tapscott and featuring select BRI research faculty and industry leaders
- A new partnership with ARHT Media, offering the BRI’s executive briefings -customized presentations delivered by senior BRI executives- to be delivered directly via hologram
- The launch of a second online course series through Coursera, with exclusive offerings available to BRI members, focused on blockchain and financial services
- An all-digital members forum, led by the BRI with participation from members, discussing the key challenges facing enterprise blockchain adoption
- An exclusive livestream of select speakers at Blockchain Revolution Global, the world’s premier enterprise blockchain event recently rescheduled to Fall 2020
“Since it was founded in 2017, the BRI has been a digital-first organization, supporting a distributed, global network of researchers, practitioners and enterprise leaders,” said BRI co-founder and executive chairman Don Tapscott. “Recent events have demonstrated the benefits of these virtual delivery mechanisms, which enable us to provide value to our members no matter where they are in the world.”
The BRI’s membership receives access to over 300 exclusive research deliverables through an online portal, in addition to executive briefings from senior BRI representatives, monthly webinars, and other customizable offerings.
Starting in 2019, the BRI expanded on this work by announcing the launch of two new initiatives: The first, a series of online courses designed in partnership with INSEAD and Coursera, has been used by over 22,000 learners worldwide. The second, a publishing initiative comprising four different research compilations, launched in February 2020 with the release of Financial Services Revolution, available on Kindle today. The second book, Supply Chain Revolution, will be available to the public in May 2020.
“At the Blockchain Research Institute , we firmly believe that the future is not something to be predicted, it’s something to be achieved,” said Tapscott. “We believe the bold steps announced today help achieve that better future for our membership and our global ecosystem.”
About the BRI:
The Blockchain Research Institute (BRI) is an independent, global think-tank dedicated to inspiring and preparing private- and public-sector leaders to be the catalysts of the blockchain transformation. Funded by international corporations and government agencies, the BRI brings together the world’s leading thinkers to undertake ground-breaking research on the strategic implications of blockchain technology, producing practical insights to help its member organizations succeed.
The Institute has 100+ research projects underway in the areas of financial services, manufacturing, retail, energy and resources, technology/media, healthcare and government; as well as how this nascent technology is changing the way companies are managed. To complement the research, the BRI offers a suite of services to its members, including monthly webinars, executive briefings, all-member summits, and other exclusive activities.
The Blockchain Research Institute is based in Toronto, Canada, and was founded in 2017 by Don and Alex Tapscott, the co-authors of the best-selling book Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World.
Director of Communications